Welcome to Silverstream (South) Primary School
We extend to you, parents and pupils, a very warm welcome.
Our hope is that you will find your association with Silverstream Primary School, and your child’s time here, a worthwhile and enjoyable experience, one that is beneficial to your child and their learning. We look forward to your involvement in classroom programmes, on school excursions and at family events.
Our staff aim to provide the best all-round education for each child.
The school has 14 classrooms, a hall, a well equipped library, small teaching spaces and an administration block.
The school has 20 teachers including the Principal and Deputy Principal, 4 part time teachers and 2 Reading Recovery teachers. Other staff includes 14 teacher aides, an executive officer, office receptionist, a librarian and a caretaker.
The current philosophy is to ensure that each child who attends Silverstream Primary School works to a level where he/she can experience success and gain self confidence.
We offer learning focused classrooms
· excellent classroom facilities
· a focus on literacy and numeracy
· values education programmes
· parents and caregivers a warm welcome
· a well stocked library featuring a wide selection of both fiction and non fiction reading material – open daily at lunch break
· quality ICT equipment to enhance learning
· a school hall for indoor practices and assemblies
· a large, landscaped, tree-sheltered playground environment
· extensive asphalt and grassed areas
· adventure playgrounds
· an excellent range of modern sports equipment
· assistance available for children with learning difficulties
· experiences for children with special talents or passions
· a caring environment in which children’s individual achievements are recognised
Programmes operate to cater for pupils experiencing difficulty and to extend and enrich pupils with special abilities and interests. The school is very well resourced in all areas of education and has continual and excellent support from parents.
We are all very proud of our school, its staff, facilities and what it offers our children. We trust you will share our pride and enjoyment from involvement with our school.
If questions arise at any time, please feel free to contact us so that we can deal with the matter quickly. Teachers are always happy to discuss the progress and general well being of your children. I also welcome opportunities to talk with you.
52 Green Street, Mosgiel, Dunedin 9024